How-to maintain post summer radiance by Anti-aging Expert Dr. Adrienne Denese
STEP 1: EXFOLIATE
- It is important to get rid of dead skin cells; they are what make your skin look dead and old. They have a rough texture so they block out skin’s natural radiance and that natural glow
- If you self tan, you need a freshly exfoliated canvas. Otherwise the self tan will come out to be blotchy. This applies for face and body alike.
- Many of us use minimal make up in the summer so we can’t hide dull, sallow, tired looking skin anymore.
STEP 2: MOISTURIZE
- In the summer it is very important to protect the skin from dehydration which kills skin cells.
- Air conditioning is one of your skin’s worst enemies. It takes out the humidity in the hair and dries your skin.
- You must protect your skin from moisture loss which damages skin by moisturizing once a day.
Try: Dr. Denese HydroShield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum, $49 (15ml)
STEP 3: BRONZE:
- Few of us realize that every real sun tan we get during the summer will translate into several actual permanent lines on our face.
- Try a non streak self-tanner.
- Some self tanners are so advanced and so different from all other self tanners on the market that it truly gives you the look of an actual tan.
Try: Dr. Denese Glow Younger Self Tanner, $32
STEP 4: PROTECT
- All dermatologists would agree that the single worst enemy of your skin is the Sun. Nearly everything that you do not like about your skin: lines, wrinkles, age spots, enlarged pores, loss of firmness, red capillaries on your nose and cheek, loss of elasticity, all has to do with cumulative sun exposure.
- Daily SPF 30 broad spectrum protection is imperative, even if it rains.